Hispanic Communications Network (HCN) seeks an innovative, experienced Research and Insights Strategist with deep experience in research to support initiatives across clients and projects. In this position you will work to support HCN (client-facing social impact full-serving agency) and La Red Hispana (public-facing multimedia networks) services and platforms focusing on Hispanic primary and secondary audience research and translate marketing and research objectives into actionable insights. All of our platforms are focused on one mission: to improve quality of life for Hispanics/Latinx living in the US.
As a Research and Insights Strategist you are a strategic thinker who is always curious and takes initiative. You’re motivated to uncover new insights and skilled at reviewing, curating, and utilizing qualitative and quantitative research and data to reveal and support key themes and findings. You’re used to using desktop research as a starting place to dig into trends and reviewing research reports to solidify new insights that inform client marketing initiatives, creative campaigns, growth strategies and new business pitches. You must be solutions-oriented by taking a problem and finding a way to solve it with innovative and creative ideas. Trends and staying on top of “new things” is important to bring specific Latino nuances in everything we do. You must love data and strategic creative thinking. Working closely with internal and external teams to bring applicable data to life.
In this role you will:
- Uncover and distill findings and insights from primary and secondary Hispanic consumer and cultural research to inform marketing activities, new business approaches and creative campaigns
- Support team leads with insights to deliver creative briefs, provide concept rationales, and subject-matter expert level support
- Provocatively seek out and contribute unexpected insights that can only be found through an integrated data perspective, and effectively communicate them to teammates and clients
- Stay ahead of relevant client-industry and audience trends to support agency thought leadership and internal teams
- Partner closely with your counterparts in Creative, inspiring fresh, original ideas that are rooted in culture, and in human and business insight
- Integrate insights and consumer behaviors into go-to-market strategies.
Experience/Skills You Already Have:
- 4+ years of research and insights, digital analytics and/or marketing strategy experience
- Experience with primary marketing or customer research
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data from both quantitative and qualitative methods, and use both approaches to formulate hunches, validate hypotheses, and produce high quality, unique insights
- Skilled at telling stories from data into compelling presentations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and experience interfacing with clients
- Detail-oriented and organized approach to project management and strategy
- Experience conducting, interpreting, and generating actionable insights from bespoke research projects
- Ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders and priorities
- Embrace working in a fast-paced, continually evolving environment
- Experience working on Public Health and at-risk populations accounts is a plus
- Fully bilingual in Spanish and in English, with native Spanish-language proficiency (preferred but not exclusive) with superior writing and verbal skills in both Spanish and English.
- Tech savvy, including current platforms most effective in reaching US Spanish-preferring and bilingual/bicultural (Millennial/Gen Z) audiences.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Marketing, communications or any related field.
- Passion for or experience in US Hispanic/Latinx issues.
- Superior organization and exceptional attention to detail. Self-starter, proactive, able to work independently and in team settings.
- Be able to foster an environment that encourages risk-taking, innovation and creativity.
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment, with highest quality and quantitative outputs.
How to Apply:
Submit a customized letter of interest outlining your unique value proposition to HCN / La Red Hispana, as well as your CV, salary history, references, and links to digital and social media from your professional or personal portfolio via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Research and Insights Strategist.