Assistant Account Executive / Project Coordinator
Hispanic Communications Network (HCN) seeks a highly driven Assistant Account Executive / Project Coordinator to join our growing team. As an AAE you will partner with program management, creative, and strategy teams across projects with huge impact that span the government sector. AAEs bring value to clients by passionately and professionally representing the agency on a day-to-day basis. The AAE will support all aspects of our work—from conducting independent research projects to preparing first drafts of messaging material to supporting large accounts through project management to executing media relations work —and will need to possess solid writing abilities, a willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Support the management of day-to-day account activities
- Support the management of partner/subcontractor relations as it relates to PR’s involvement with product launches, events and other program initiatives
- Help define client challenges, participate in brainstorming sessions, and help evaluate creative ideas from clients and staff
- Help develop and execute media relations strategies, including identifying and developing outreach opportunities, drafting media materials and pitching to the media
- Strong ability to develop messaging and drafting stakeholder communications, including press releases, speeches, presentations, pitch materials, etc.
- Help develop content and digital influencer collaborations, drafting social posts, helping manage photo / video production, etc.
- Assisting in media relations efforts and partnership outreach, as needed.
- This is an entry-level account position. The Assistant Account Executive will possess good interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to work effectively with a variety of account service staff within a specific set of accounts.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, keen attention to detail and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments, and deadlines.
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Suite and general office logistics.
- Strong work ethic and dedication to consistently provide quality work.
- Previous internship experience in the communications field and a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Ability to think quickly on their feet and to manage short-term requests and long-term projects.
- The ideal candidate will follow instructions from supervisors but also take initiative regarding client work.
- Experience working on Public Health and at risk populations accounts is a plus.
- Fully bilingual in Spanish and in English, with native Spanish-language proficiency (preferred but not exclusive) with superior writing and verbal skills in both Spanish and English.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Marketing, PR, Journalism, or any related field.
- Passion for and experience in US Hispanic/Latinx issues.
- Superior organization and exceptional attention to detail. Self-starter, proactive, able to work independently and in team settings.
How to Apply:
Submit a customized letter of interest outlining your unique value proposition to HCN / La Red Hispana, as well as your CV, and a portfolio via email@example.com with the subject line: Assistant Account Executive.