Hispanic Communications Network (HCN), a client-facing social impact full-serving agency, and La Red Hispana, a public-facing multimedia networks services and platforms, work together across all the network’s channels focused on one mission: to improve quality of life for Hispanics/Latinx living in the US. HCN and La Red Hispana seek an experienced Branding & Creative Director with a wide-ranging set of skills to lead and mentor our multidisciplinary, bicultural and bilingual team. We are looking for a brand creative and marketing strategist, and verbal and visual designer with lived Hispanic/Latinx experience and cultural insights, who thrives on the intersection of brand, business and the audiences we serve to achieve our corporate vision and goals to promote positive social and behavior change, inspire and improve quality of life for Hispanics/Latinx living in the US.
The primary charge of this position is to set branding and creative direction, and lead creative strategy, messaging, messengers and production for both Hispanic Communications Network as well as our brands La Red Hispana and LatinEQUIS, as well as for our clients. HCN clients include government, nonprofit, philanthropy and CSR entities focused on public health, safety, environment and climate, housing, financial literacy, immigration and civic participation/GOTV to create social impact among public and influencer audiences (both Spanish- and English- dominant). La Red Hispana’s core audiences are Spanish-language media affiliates and Hispanic/Latinx public consumers (predominantly Spanish-speaking; increasing bilingual / English-only).
The Branding & Creative Director will help build the visual and experiential identity of owned (HCN, La Red Hispana and LatinEQUIS) and client brands while collaborating with our teams to ensure it is conveyed in a timely fashion through both our corporate marketing and weekly content production.
- Lead and manage branding and creative strategy in Spanish and English for both small-scale and large-scale projects, harnessing strategy, digital and brand design, audio-visual production with compelling content and new technology.
- Produce fresh, innovative branding and creative work that translates complex ideas into compelling visual design, video, digital and print experiences for Hispanic/Latinx audiences of all ages and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Analyze brand tracking, market trends and Hispanic/Latinx consumer needs, including vulnerable, at-risk and underserved audiences on issues of health, education, financial literacy, housing, environment/climate, civic participation and immigration.
- Collaborate with the marketing, affiliates and sales departments in developing marketing plans, analyzing results, and identifying opportunities.
- Deliver regular outputs, including brand logo, campaign names and slogans, scripting and storyboarding, visual elements (graphic/display design and video) for multimedia campaigns, including radio and digital (display, video, websites, social media), with occasional TV and out of home elements.
- Translate marketing and branding strategies into innovative campaigns that effectively engage priority audiences and maintain consistency across all touch points, producing a seamless journey across multimedia while ensuring that our creative remains at the industry’s leading edge.
- Manage and guide the internal team through the entire creativity process, from initiation to execution.
- Bring creativity, leadership and mentorship to develop a small team of talented producers, engineers, writers, media relations specialists (both in-house and freelancers).
- Ability to be flexible, resourceful, and take on a variety of creative projects in a fast-moving environment.
- Create best-in-class visual brands, partake hands-on in design, manage external resources on an as-needed basis.
- Collaborate across all company teams: production, digital and social media, media and affiliate relations, client services and business development.
- Design and implement strategies, tactics and resources necessary to achieve defined benchmarks and target goals, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Lead a cross-functional team of social media experts, videographers, designers, animators, and project managers in the strategic development of messages and deliverables for Hispanic/Latinx audiences.
- 10+ years of related experience with 5+ years as senior leadership role at an advertising agency or corporate setting.
- Experience creating bilingual/bicultural marketing/advertising campaigns in Spanish and English, from developing vision and messaging, to overseeing production on time and on budget.
- Experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, but also knowledgeable on traditional media.
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives.
- Proven experience with concept development in a bicultural setting.
- Fully bilingual in Spanish and in English, with native Spanish-language proficiency (preferred but not exclusive) with superior writing and verbal skills in both Spanish and English.
- Tech savvy, including current platforms most effective in reaching US Spanish-preferring and bilingual/bicultural (Millennial/Gen Z) audiences.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Art, Marketing or any related field.
- Passion for or experience in US Hispanic/Latinx issues.
- Superior organization and exceptional attention to detail. Self-starter, proactive, able to work independently and in team settings.
- Be able to foster an environment that encourages risk-taking, innovation and creativity.
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment, with highest quality and quantitative outputs.
- Agency experience is strongly preferred.
- Public Health background preferred.
- Experience leading strategy and campaigns for at risk communities.
How to Apply:
Submit a customized letter of interest outlining your unique value proposition to HCN / La Red Hispana, as well as your CV, salary history, references, and links to print, electronic, digital and social media from your professional or personal portfolio via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Creative Director.