Digital & Social Media Content Creator / Strategist
Hispanic Communications Network (HCN) seeks an innovative, experienced Digital Content Creator / Strategist with a deep digital and social media communications portfolio to direct our La Red Hispana (public-facing multimedia networks) and LatinEQUIS platforms. All of our channels are focused on one mission: to improve quality of life for Hispanics/Latinx living in the US.
This role specializes in creating content — both copywriting and images/videos that resonate with our priority audiences — for social media posts, as well as for digital platforms to maximize performance of HCN’s websites, blogs, the mobile app, e-marketing, e-newsletters, etc with our priority audiences (ranging from Spanish-dominant, less acculturated consumers to fully bilingual/bicultural audiences). Because of the scope of this work, the individual will double up as the designer for the digital/social media team. This is a cross functional role that will require building relationships with clients and HCN’s multidisciplinary team of marketing executives, A/V producers and graphic designers. The creator may also be in charge of drafting posts planned by the social media manager and getting them ready to be scheduled and published.
The Digital Content Creator / Strategist understands the unique nuances for each specific social media and digital platform, and knows the anatomy of creating content that will thrive with audiences of each. This individual will also be able to analyze performance and adjust/optimize multi-channel strategies and best practices that maximize acquisition, revenue, retention and growth for clients, our influencers and our brands.
- Create and publish relevant, original, high-quality content (for all channels and ads).
- Identify and improve organizational development aspects to improve content performance.
- Collaborate with team members to create a regular publishing schedule and promote content through social organic and paid advertising.
- Develop branded content for organic posts as well as native advertising campaigns.
- Create, produce and manage high-quality content that leverages content strategy, audiences, and engagement across all owned channels.
- Lead strategy and implementation of editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Integrate all channels of marketing (social media, SEO, content marketing, email, print and digital marketing).
- Review brand guidelines, voice, and tone across all customer-facing channels.
- Track, analyze, and report on content performance to achieve quantitative and qualitative KPI.
- Provide thought leadership in applying industry trends and advancements to digital content and strategies.
- Supervise visual layout of content.
- Regularly check and track content for accuracy.
- Edit, proofread and suggest improvements to written content
- Comply with copyright and privacy regulations across all copy, images and multimedia.
- Support management to determine and track content performance KPIs and goals.
- Track and analyze website traffic and all other owned channels to ensure digital content is optimized for SEO
- Produce and present reports to internal teams and leadership, as well as clients and external partners
- Leverage the right tools to manage and publish content.
- Apply working knowledge with a DAMS (digital assets management system) to feed, manage, and distribute content into multiple platforms.
- Keep abreast with new trends in web technology
- Ability to navigate through Google Analytics, DCM, Facebook Business Manager to build recommendations, floodlight tags, custom audiences and placements is required. Social listening skills to define trends in conversations, sentiment, and influencers to be able to apply recommendations and learnings.
- Tools required: WordPress.org, SEMRush, Facebook Business Suite, Talkwalker, Hootsuite, Google products inclusive of AdSense, Adwords, Analytics, Campaign Manager, and Google Studio.
- 3-5 years experience in social/digital paid media with proven examples of strategies developed for well-known brands that can show growth of digital performance, social media channels, mobile apps and websites.
- Expert knowledge of tools to analyze data and use analytics to determine how well a client’s media campaign performed and knowledge of how to apply data to optimize performance, including mastery of social listening tools.
- Experience working on Public Health and at risk populations accounts is a plus
- Solid understanding of website SEO and website analytics.
- Fully bilingual in Spanish and in English, with native Spanish-language proficiency (preferred but not exclusive) with superior writing and verbal skills in both Spanish and English.
- Tech savvy, including current platforms most effective in reaching US Spanish-preferring and bilingual/bicultural (Millennial/Gen Z) audiences.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Marketing, Business or any related field.
- Passion for or experience in US Hispanic/Latinx issues.
- Superior organization and exceptional attention to detail. Self-starter, proactive, able to work independently and in team settings.
- Be able to foster an environment that encourages risk-taking, innovation and creativity.
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment, with highest quality and quantitative outputs.
How to Apply:
Submit a customized letter of interest outlining your unique value proposition to HCN / La Red Hispana / LatinEQUIS, as well as your CV, salary history, references, and links to digital and social media from your professional or personal portfolio via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Digital & SM Content Creator / Strategist.