Hispanic Communications Network (HCN) seeks a highly driven Director of People and Culture (DPC) to join our growing team. This is a newly created opportunity to be part of an amazing and dynamic mission-oriented team that is expanding quickly and thriving. The primary function of the DPC is to lead all culture practices in providing a positive employee experience aligned with core values, and give their expertise and support in the areas of performance management, employee relations, employee engagement and satisfaction, policy and procedure development, and HR compliance. In conjunction with the Executive leadership team, the DPC will act as a guardian of HCN’s culture and core values.
As the DPC, you will partner with all Department leaders, including client services and program management, production and creative, media relations, business development, and executive management teams across projects that foster social change and impact, and are sponsored by government, nonprofit, philanthropic, and corporate social responsibility sectors. The DPC is a highly organized and accountable leader, who is able to be a team player in supporting all operational aspects of the Company and building/maintaining morale among team members, while drawing on the expertise of HCN’s vast resources and capabilities. The ideal candidate is passionate about building and maintaining our Company’s processes, technical proficiency and operations with resourceful, strategic and creative solutions. Clients choose HCN because we help them increase their impact to improve quality of life for multicultural communities in the US.
- Collaborate closely with Executive Leadership, including the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Operating Officer (COO), and Chief Financial Officer (CFO), to fulfill all planned and surfacing human resources, administrative, clerical, technical, operational, marketing and personnel needs on an ongoing basis.
- Lead by example by living company’s core values and culture in day to day behaviors and interactions with all levels of colleagues.
- Create and oversee the full spectrum of the recruitment process, and ensure tools are available to create a proactive recruitment pipeline/sourcing strategy.
- Manage all HR elements, including employee onboarding/offboarding, advertising for new job openings, maintaining HR archives, and meeting any/all rising HR and staff needs.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to create and implement strategies for employee engagement and retention.
- Manage performance appraisal and career development processes, assist with goals development, collaborate on suggestions for individual training that will enhance growth and development, and implement new and/or enhance existing staff recognition and rewards programs to support a positive employee experience/culture.
- Participate in coaching, counseling, and advising management and staff to ensure resolution of escalated employment related matters.
- Create and/or update policies, procedures, and guidelines as needed.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of Company’s intranet and associated resources, including cloud-based subscriptions, including transition from GSuite to Microsoft 365 / Sharepoint, company-wide use of CRM (eg, Salesforce), and other internal and external communications tools.
- Purchase equipment and supplies for new and current employees as appropriate.
- Support the efficiency and quality of communications for HCN’s external and internal stakeholder relations.
- Ensure the company is consistently prepared, compliant, and ready for any and all audits.
- Mobilize and drive the integrated team towards forward progress, action and results, and maintain a healthy, morale-building team environment.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislations, and ensure adherence to federal, state, and local requirements, advise management on needed actions to remain compliant and mitigate risk.
- Keep abreast of industry knowledge and trends and provide cutting-edge recommendations to management.
- Support all Departments with ad-hoc needs, ranging from research to vendor bidding.
- Participate in HCN’s new business and proposal efforts, as needed.
- Minimum of 5+ years of related industry experience supporting the making and delivery of a great organization.
- Highly organized, on-time and detail-oriented with an “eagle eye” for detail.
- Attention and care for others (people first).
- Reliable and proactive communicator.
- Self-starter with high ownership of your work; high standards for your output.
- Excellent oral, writing, research, listening and negotiation skills.
- Experience in remote and on-site work environments; highly flexible and adaptable to meet shifting and growing needs .
- Demonstrated capability to get things done on budget and on time.
- Proficiency in GSuite (Google) and Microsoft 365/full Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc).
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of HR experience as follows:
- Minimum of 2+ years supervisory experience.
- Minimum 4-year degree in Human Resources or equivalent.
- SHRM or HRCI Certification preferred.
- Previous HRIS experience.
- Thorough understanding of HR policies and procedures, and knowledge of Federal and State regulations, including FLSA, FMLA, COBRA, ADA, HIPAA, and EEO laws and regulations.
- Must have familiarity with all aspects of HR including compensation, recruitment, benefits, training, employee relations, and performance management.
- Ability to lead meetings, presentations, and interface with all levels of staff with tact and diplomacy is a must.
- Fully proficient in English with superior writing and verbal skills; Spanish-language proficiency a plus but not required.
- Must effectively advocate for both staff and management.
- Act as a collaborative team player, possess a strong customer service orientation, and be a consultative problem solver.
How to Apply:
Submit a customized letter of interest outlining your unique value proposition to HCN / La Red Hispana, as well as your CV firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Director of People and Culture.