Hispanic Communications Network (HCN) seeks an innovative, creative and experienced Bilingual Graphic Designer, responsible for delivering effective, aesthetically pleasing, on-brand, and on-strategy creative content for web pages, product graphics, email promotions, email templates, social media graphics, and banner ads for our HCN (client-facing social impact full-serving agency) and La Red Hispana (public-facing multimedia networks) services and platforms. All of our channels are focused on one mission: to improve the quality of life for Hispanics/Latinx living in the US.
- Meet with clients or the art director to determine the scope of a project
- Use digital illustration, photo editing software, and layout software to create designs
- Create visual elements such as logos, original images, and illustrations to help deliver a message
- Design layouts, including a selection of colors, images, and typefaces
- Present design concepts to clients or art directors
- Incorporate changes recommended by clients or art directors into final designs
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
- 5+ years of graphic design/marketing experience
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Suite
- Experience with web maintenance, Email broadcast, social media posting
- Expert knowledge of photo manipulation and experience with digital photography
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Have print production skillset
- Branding & collateral design experience
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, multi-task, and take ownership of tasks and projects
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Good work ethics
- Strong communication skills and excellent organizational skills
- Experience working and creating materials for Public Health and at risk populations accounts is a plus
- Fully bilingual in Spanish and in English, with native Spanish-language proficiency (preferred but not exclusive) with superior writing and verbal skills in both Spanish and English.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Art, design, or any related field.
- Passion for and experience in US Hispanic/Latinx issues.
- Superior organization and exceptional attention to detail. Self-starter, proactive, able to work independently and in team settings.
How to Apply:
Submit a customized letter of interest outlining your unique value proposition to HCN / La Red Hispana, as well as your CV and portfolio via email@example.com with the subject line: Bilingual Graphic Designer.