Hispanic Communications Network (HCN) seeks a highly driven Junior Accountant/Bookkeeper to join our growing team. This is a newly created opportunity to join an amazing and dynamic mission-oriented team that is growing quickly and thriving. As the Junior Accountant/Bookkeeper, you will have the opportunity to grow professionally in your role within the Finance department and work closely with the Chief Financial Officer supporting client services and program management, production and creative, media relations, business development and executive management teams across projects with huge impact that span government, nonprofit and philanthropic sectors. The JR Accountant/Bookkeeper is highly organized, analytical, with strong attention to detail, and integral to the success of the Finance and accounting department. The Junior Accountant/Bookkeeper is a critical thinker, and able to work both independently and as part of a team supporting all operational aspects of the Company. Clients choose HCN because we help them increase their impact to improve quality of life for Hispanics/Latinx living in the US.
- Ability to follow detailed procedures and workflow to ensure timeliness and accuracy in all bookkeeping and financial activities assigned.
- Assist with maintenance of company transactions, records, and budget in Quickbooks (QB) per direction of the CFO.
- Assist with maintenance of the chart of accounts, with proper accounts, jobs (projects), and classes (under direction of the CFO).
- Assist the CFO with other ad-hoc reports (per funder requests, charitable philanthropies/foundations, government agencies, etc).
- Assist the CFO with Accounts Receivable processing as requested.
- Assist the CFO with AMEX monthly data collection and reconciliation (from staff cardholders).
- Assist staff in company purchases and maintenance of receipts.
- Assist with processing of large national and local media buys (accounts payables) on behalf of clients.
- Assist in maintenance of staff forms (as directed by the CFO) updated with latest codes – invoice template, purchase request form, and other forms that contain the chart of accounts.
- Assist with processing of staff reimbursements through the Purchase Request Form
- Under direction of the CFO, work with outside vendors to ensure proper tax and payment information is obtained.
- Act as a liaison to staff.
- Coordinate with and support management and staff with queries.
- Ensure compliance with organizational guidelines and procedures, and federal and state regulations.
- Resolve account payable and receivable issues as requested.
- Accurately perform daily reconciliations of transactions, and tally and file invoices/vouchers.
- Fundamental knowledge with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- As directed by the CFO, ability to assist in financial and tax audits, and general ledger maintenance and preparation.
- Perform month-end close procedures as requested and directed by the CFO.
- 1 to 2 years of Accounting and/or Bookkeeping work experience (essential).
- Bookkeeping, and accounting technology, 1-2 years
- Sound foundational understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Critical thinker with a high proficiency in math.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and systems skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages (Quickbooks online and Bill.com experience preferred).
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business (or working towards one, preferred)
- 1-2 years of bookkeeping experience and accounting technology experience advantageous
- Some knowledge with government contracts and grants, including
- Government contract experience preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks online and Bill.com preferred.
- Experience with Google spreadsheets and/or other online resource-sharing platforms
- Ability to follow established detailed procedures and workflow.
How to Apply:
Submit a customized letter of interest outlining your unique value proposition to HCN / La Red Hispana, as well as your CV email@example.com with the subject line: Junior Accountant/Bookkeeper