Hispanic Communications Network (HCN) seeks a highly driven Media & Public Relations Specialist to join our growing team. The Media and Public Relations Specialist demonstrates tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving both traditional and social media outreach plans, as well as proactively pitching media outlets on an ongoing basis. The Media and Public Relations Specialist is a seasoned PR and media professional who brings established connections at a national, regional, and local level to secure placements with top level media outlets, including but not limited to Hispanic media, influencers, and celebrities across radio, TV, print, digital and social media platforms, both earned and paid. The Media and Public Relations Specialist is experienced with recruiting and retaining media affiliates (radio, digital, social media, print) and able to secure proof of performance (affidavits, analytics reports, etc.) on a regular basis. Regularly report on current status of affiliates both on national and local DMA levels.
- Demonstrate tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving both traditional and social media outreach plans, as well as proactively pitching media outlets on an ongoing basis
- Build relationships with third-party influencers and internal business partners to meet in-house and client needs
- Showcase a network of influencers, and an ability to maintain and develop key media contacts; experience pitching stories to national and local print, online, television and radio media
- Recruit and secure influencer and celebrity participation in client and internal campaigns
- Develop media advisories, press releases, media lists, story pitches, talking points and other pitching materials
- Set and achieve media strategies and targets for one-off HCN client campaigns as well as internal La Red Hispana media & affiliate relations metric goals
- Work with a small, driven team of media and affiliate relations specialists to grow and improve existing strategies to optimize results for both clients and our La Red Hispana affiliate networks
- 5 + years on Media and Public Relations, Broadcasting or Sales
- TV station or radio station experience strongly preferred
- Digitally fluent, with an understanding of the complex, fragmented media landscape and how to bring together cohesive programs and drive results for clients
- Fully bilingual in Spanish and in English, with native Spanish-language proficiency with superior writing and verbal skills in both Spanish and English.
- Minimum of a BA/BS in Public Relations, Communications or any related field.
- Tech savvy, including current platforms most effective in reaching US Spanish-preferring and bilingual/bicultural audiences.
- Knowledge and manage Nielsen ratings and Media Relations databases.
- Passion for or experience in US Hispanic/Latinx issues.
- Superior organization and exceptional attention to detail. Self-starter, proactive, able to work independently and in team settings.
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment, with highest quality and quantitative outputs.
- Understands the concepts of reach, frequency, frequency management, ROI and latency.
How to Apply:
Submit a customized letter of interest outlining your unique value proposition to HCN / La Red Hispana, as well as your CV, and your portfolio via email@example.com with the subject line: Media Public Relations Specialist.