Multimedia Content Manager / Producer
Hispanic Communications Network (HCN), one of the leading culturally driven social impact agencies in the US — which also is the largest producer and syndicator of Spanish-language educational & informational radio content in the US — seeks an innovative, experienced bilingual/bicultural Multimedia Content Producer / Manager. This experienced candidate must have a deep audio-video programming and communications portfolio in broadcast and digital to manage and direct our La Red Hispana (public-facing multimedia networks) and LatinEQUIS channels, and integrate our client’s content into our platforms. All of HCN’s channels and work are focused on one mission: to improve quality of life for Hispanics/Latinx living in the US. We value talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our owned platforms and clients.
HCN combines human interest stories with “news-you-can-use” to deliver timely and culturally relevant content focused on health, education, climate/environment, civic engagement, immigration, personal finances, trends and adjusting to life in the US for an evolving audience that lives in bicultural and bilingual environments.
The experienced Multimedia Content Manager and hands-on Producer will be responsible for leading all aspects of our networks’ on-air and digital audience experience in a leadership and operations role, responsible for talent, content, programming, online, and social media presence. The candidate will oversee all our La Red Hispana and LatinEQUIS content and work with a multidisciplinary team to ensure content, programming, and themes across our radio, digital, print, TV and social media channels are in sync, timely and relevant to capture the attention and meet the needs, challenges and aspirations of the diverse US Hispanic media and audience segments we serve.
- Design, create and oversee La Red Hispana (Spanish) and LatinEQUIS (English) content.
- Work closely with the Production/Digital and Sponsor/Client Services teams to design, create and oversee culturally driven offline and online content.
- Manage editorial calendar and work with a multidisciplinary team to ensure content programming/themes are in sync, relevant, timely and diverse.
- Plans and oversees tone, programming, production, sound and theme, website, online presence, and social media.
- Identifies, recruits, coaches, and provides direction to a network of talents (on air personalities, creators, freelancers, producers, etc.) and frequently listens/airchecks sessions with on-air talent.
- Works with Media & Affiliate Relations Department to:
- Determine and maintain creative vision for affiliate radio and TV station(s), as well as digital and social media outlets, to enhance station image and visibility among affiliates and within the Hispanic communities we serve to strengthen brand visibility and equity.
- Increase market share, listeners, ratings, affiliate and audience satisfaction, and revenue while aligning programming fit with client, station, and audience.
- Create talent and station marketing, promotion, and image campaigns.
- Help in the creation and production of promotional content for long-format radio programing.
- Evaluate internal programming as well as mission-driven programming available from distributors, syndicators, and independent producers to recommend acquisitions for broadcast.
- Schedules staff for on-air shifts, remotes, and appearances.
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with producers, artists’ managers, composers, and other industry contacts.
- Logging, tracking, archiving shows by contents: date, theme, guest, special notes, etc
- Assist in the creation of radio and video content for campaigns & educational content
- Assist Digital team with web content and social media properties for HCN/La Red Hispana.
- Participate in editorial meetings and/or production meetings.
- Engage with or Executive and Business Development Teams to explore topics that could mutually reinforce HCN business goals and opportunities with potential clients (government, nonprofits, philanthropy, academia, and CSR) and partners on issues of common interest surrounding social determinants and health equity.
Minimum Requirements – Skills/Knowledge/Traits:
- 5 years minimum experience in content programming and production (radio, TV/video, video, digital, social, print)
- Speaks, reads, and writes with full proficiency in Spanish (native) AND English
- Ability to work independently with or without team support on scriptwriting, storyboarding, copywriting, and multimedia production (including recording, editing, pre-/post-production)
- Well-organized, deadline-driven, and responsive to fast paced environment
- Solves problems quickly in fast paced media environment
- Must have investigative and curious nature that results in “getting the story”
- Must possess a strong understanding of the diversity of U.S. Latinos
- MS Office proficient – (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Familiar with the use of Google apps for productivity (i.e. Google Drive, Google Calendar, Google Hangouts, creating & sharing Google Docs/Spreadsheets.
How to Apply (for website HCNMedia.com)
Visit the Careers page on our website: HCNmedia.com for more details. Email an HCN-specific letter of interest, resume, 3 demos and 3 professional references to email@example.com with “Multimedia Content Manager / Producer” in the subject line. No calls, in-person, or email inquiries please.