Multimedia Producer / Audio-Visual Engineer
Hispanic Communications Network (HCN), one of the leading culturally driven social impact agencies in the US — which also is the largest producer and syndicator of Spanish-language educational & informational radio content in the US — seeks an experienced bilingual/bicultural Multimedia Producer / Audio-Visual Engineer. This experienced candidate must have a solid audio-video programming and communications portfolio in broadcast and digital to manage and direct our La Red Hispana (public-facing multimedia networks) and LatinEQUIS channels, and integrate our client’s content into our platforms. All of HCN’s channels and work are focused on one mission: to improve quality of life for Hispanics/Latinx living in the US. We value talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our owned platforms and clients.
HCN combines human interest stories with “news-you-can-use” to deliver timely and culturally relevant content focused on health, education, climate/environment, civic engagement, immigration, personal finances, trends and adjusting to life in the US for an evolving audience that lives in bicultural and bilingual environments.
The Multimedia Producer / AV Engineer works closely with the Production Team and Talk Show Personalities/Hosts to record, edit, and distribute nationally broadcast educational radio programs with audio and video (A/V) capacities designed to inform, educate, and empower Hispanics. The candidate also maintains HCN’s AVRA studio facility and equipment, and assists with social media elements, particularly video assets, when needed.
- Pre-production for long-format A/V programs (radio, podcasts, video, streaming).
- Set-up, record, operate board, broadcast, and mix/edit long format A/V programs.
- Record and produce weekly promos as requested by Affiliates Department for both affiliate radio stations and use on HCN/La Red Hispana/LatinEQUIS social media channels.
- Upload long-format audio programs to Dropbox (or FTP Server) for distribution to radio stations, along with one sentence description reflecting the unique content of each show, title and meta-tags.
- Manage all live audio and video for HCN/La Red Hispana/LatinEQUIS social media (FB Live, etc).
- Troubleshoot any technical or programming difficulties between HCN/La Red Hispana current studio setup (ie, AVRA) and broadcasting platforms (radio affiliates, FB Live, Audioboom, LaRedHispana.org streaming and on-demand, etc).
- Assist with production elements for both long-format and short-format programs.
- Assist in the creation of radio programming including non-sponsored content, client campaigns & educational content based on standard guidelines for quality of both short-format and long-format programs.
- Assist Account Executives on client campaigns with multimedia elements as needed in guest appearances, presentations or for the creation of final reports.
- Manage file sharing services for the transfer of media products to/from clients and contractors.
- Deliver prepared audio files and written information required for podcast platforms such as AudioBoom, iTunes, Google Play on a daily basis.
- Assist Social Media Coordinator with web content and social media properties for HCN/La Red Hispana.
- Assist with tasks related to the daily operation of the HCN office as needed.
Minimum Requirements – Skills/Knowledge/Traits:
- Fully bilingual and bicultural in Spanish and English
- 2-3 years of experience in both live and pre-recorded radio and video broadcast
- Expert in audio and video technology (ideally including HCN’s current AVRA studio system)
- Experience in broadcast audio and podcasting, nonlinear video editing and radio broadcast systems
- Experience with media streaming software and social media platforms
- Proficient in non-linear video editing (Adobe suite)
- Proficient in audio & video recording techniques
- Experience with DAWs (Protools, Audition, Premier)
- Knowledge of broadcast technology and audio troubleshooting
- MS Office proficient – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- GSuite / Google for Business proficiency
- Familiar with the use of Google apps for productivity
- Must be able to multi-task and manage different projects simultaneously
- Proficient Spanish (ideally native) and English writing and interpersonal skills
- Must be resourceful and able to adapt to non-sponsored internal work and client project needs
- Must work well under pressure and be able to prioritize tasks in order to deliver products on time
- Work well in a team environment and balance the needs of various departments
How to Apply (for website HCNMedia.com)
Visit the Careers page on our website: HCNmedia.com for more details. Email an HCN-specific letter of interest, resume, 3 demos and 3 professional references to email@example.com with “Multimedia Producer / AV Engineer” in the subject line. No calls, in-person or email inquiries please.