Full Time Remote (TX / PR / DC / FL preferred)
HCN, a full service multicultural agency focused on positive social impact and behavior change, seeks an innovative, experienced Paid Media Director with successful proven performance and expertise in paid media planning and buying. Leveraging your deep marketing and advertising portfolio, you will direct HCN’s online and offline paid media services on national, regional, local and hyper-local levels, with potential future expansion into international markets.
In addition to working with external media partners, you will also oversee the marketing, pricing and selling of HCN’s owned media channels under the brands of La Red Hispana and LatinEQUIS, our consumer-facing multimedia networks.
All of our work is focused on one mission: to improve quality of life for diverse multicultural audiences living in the US.
The Paid Media Director (PMD) is responsible for delivering digital and traditional media strategy, planning, buying, activation and performance for all clients, and is expected to contribute across all channels. The PMD should have strong communication, organizational and time-management skills. The Departments with which the PMD works closely are the Digital, Client Services, Business Development, and Finance teams.
The PMD will inspire, motivate, and mentor a growing team to execute, analyze, and optimize multi-channel strategies and best practices that maximize acquisition, retention and growth for our clients, influencers, and brands. You should have a keen eye to identify opportunities, growth, and areas for improvement across paid media offerings for clients as well as HCN’s owned channels.
- Develop and manage paid (external) and owned (HCN) digital, social and traditional media campaign strategies from briefing to final reporting.
- Evaluates composition of a wide range of media vehicles to determine which would most effectively reach the target audience.
- Studies demographic data and consumer profiles to identify desired targets.
- Gathers statistics and prepares media plans with directives to guide the buying process.
- Design media strategies based on market research and audience segmentation.
- Negotiate for highest ROI based on KPIs negotiated and established with client(s), including added value for HCN’s government, nonprofit, and philanthropy clients.
- Ensure accurate set up and management of paid social / direct buys / programmatic / campaigns across multiple platforms / networks.
- Lead ongoing optimization and evolution of media activity, devising and managing appropriate testing frameworks and beta products in order to maximize robust performance.
- Ensure regular performance-based optimization tasks (including adjusting budgets/bids, altering targeting and refreshing creative) take place and are reported via dashboards, written reports, presentations, etc on a regular basis.
- Deliver activation and execution within a time frame agreed with client(s) and media partners.
- Look for innovative opportunities to deliver new solutions that demonstrate superior value to clients through close relationships with media and technology partners.
- Lead updates at regular client review meetings and status calls on specific channel(s).
- Support Business Development team on new business proposals.
- Oversee the entire paid media workstream and related processes: research, strategy, plan, flowcharts development, execution, analysis, optimizations, evaluation (qual/quant), reconciliations, progress and wrap reports.
- Ability to deliver competitor gap analysis, research of content topics, use of SEMRush and Google Analytics.
- Develop rate sheet and media kit for HCN’s owned channels, in collaboration with the Business Development and Creative Teams.
- At least 5+ years of professional experience in paid media (planning/buying)
- Proven experience managing large budgets and campaigns across multiple digital advertising channels including paid search, paid social, display, contextual retargeting, video, mobile, CTT/OTT, DOOH, influencers, etc. and traditional media (radio, TV, print, OOH, etc.)
- A deep understanding of digital marketing tactics across channels including SEO, social, email, PR, etc.
- Experience with programmatic platforms and media buys
- Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, SEMRush, and Google Tag Manager experience
- Working knowledge of bid management and ad serving platforms
- Experience working and managing influencers – traditional and digital
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Expert knowledge of tools to analyze, report, and track data and use analytics such as Strata, Media Tools, etc. Strata is HCN’s current platform.
- Experience working on Public Health, multicultural audiences, and at-risk populations is a plus.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus, but not required.
- Superior writing and verbal skills.
- Tech savvy, including current platforms most effective in reaching multicultural (Millennial/Gen Z) audiences.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Marketing, Business or any related field.
- Passion for or experience in multicultural audiences.
- Superior organization and exceptional attention to detail. Self-starter, proactive, able to work independently and in team settings.
- Be able to foster an environment that encourages risk-taking, innovation, and creativity.
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment, with highest quality and quantitative outputs.
How to Apply:
Submit a customized letter of interest outlining your unique value proposition to HCN / La Red Hispana, as well as your CV, salary history, references, etc. via email@example.com with the subject line: Paid Media Director.