Hispanic Communications Network (HCN), a client-facing social impact full-serving agency, and La Red Hispana, a public-facing multimedia networks services and platforms, work together across all the network’s channels focused on one mission: to improve quality of life for Hispanics/Latinx living in the US.
HCN and La Red Hispana seek a highly driven Account Director to join and lead our growing team. Account Directors bring value to our clients by analyzing, solving and presenting viable integrated solutions to client problems. They identify and inspire new workstreams and solutions that lead to client growth by collaborating with and drawing on the expertise of the HCN’s vast resources and capabilities. Account Directors also identify and champion great creative work, understanding the importance of flawless delivery and providing exceptional leadership inspiring others to act courageously.
They must have strong client management skills, superior presentation skills and the ability to manage the day-to-day business and client relationship on a piece of business (or several small projects) within a large client account. Candidates must also possess the ability to be a team leader, independently develop programs, oversee the development and delivery of high-quality work products, play a business development role on his/her piece of business and also offer strategic client counsel with confidence.
- Ensure management of client expectations.
- Develop and manage projects and programs, including strategies, implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing plans, timelines and budgets.
- Act with a high degree of independence and hold responsibility for overall account relationships.
- Maintain and grow existing accounts, establishing relationships with key client contacts, ensuring that client/agency relationships exist on multiple levels and grow over time.
- Leverage HCN’s resources, increasing client/agency points of contact.
- Provide proactive leadership to accounts, staff, and clients.
- Direct development of broad range of materials developed by account team, including client memos, press releases, speeches, articles, brochures, presentation and collateral materials
- Plan and manage large-scale events efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and direct new business program development and presentations working with senior leaders, as needed.
- 10+ years of experience, including 5+ years in a supervisory role and strong experience in the federal field
- Agency experience strongly preferred
- Digitally fluent, with an understanding of the complex, fragmented media landscape and how to bring together cohesive programs and drive results for clients
- Appreciation for how great work gets done and a commitment to ensuring creative excellence/output
- Strong communication skills, particularly with oral presentations
- Authentically passionate about great work, your team and our business
- Diplomatic, inspiring and empathetic leader
- Strong project management, counseling, programming, people management and business development skills
- Understanding of how to manage budgets for pieces of business or several projects within large accounts
- Experience working on Public Health and at risk populations accounts is a plus
- Fully bilingual in Spanish and in English, with native Spanish-language proficiency (preferred but not exclusive) with superior writing and verbal skills in both Spanish and English.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Marketing, Journalism, PR, or any related field.
- Passion for or experience in US Hispanic/Latinx issues.
- Superior organization and exceptional attention to detail. Self-starter, proactive, able to work independently and in team settings.
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment, with highest quality and quantitative outputs.
How to Apply:
Submit a customized letter of interest outlining your unique value proposition to HCN / La Red Hispana, as well as your CV and samples of multimedia campaigns you’ve managed in the past via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Account Director