Hispanic Communications Network (HCN), a leading full-service, culturally driven social change marketing agency, seeks a highly driven Senior Accountant to join our growing team. This is a newly created opportunity to join a dynamic, mission-oriented team that is growing quickly and thriving, and focused on one mission: improving quality of life for multicultural communities in the US. As the Senior Accountant (SA), you will have the opportunity to grow professionally in your role within HCN’s Finance Department. The SA works closely with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Staff Accountant supporting client services, including but not limited to program management, production and creative, media relations, media buying, business development and executive management team functions across multiple social impact projects/accounts that span government, nonprofit and philanthropic sectors. The Senior Accountant we seek is highly experienced, organized, analytical, with strong attention to detail, and integral to the success of the Finance and accounting department. Thorough understanding and application of GAAP and GAGAS is essential. Our SA is a critical thinker, and able to work both independently and as part of a team supporting all operational aspects of the Company.
- Follow detailed procedures and workflow to ensure timeliness and accuracy in all bookkeeping and financial activities assigned.
- Maintain company transactions, records, and budget in Quickbooks (QB) per direction of the CFO (must possess the acumen and experience to take ownership of assigned functions).
- Maintain the chart of accounts, with proper accounts, jobs (projects), and classes (under direction of the CFO).
- Assist with the following functions as requested and directed by CFO:
- Ad-hoc reports (per funder requests, charitable philanthropies/foundations, government agencies, etc).
- Accounts Receivable (full cycle) processing as requested.
- Monthly invoice drafts for both time and materials (T&M) and firm fixed price (FFP) contracts, majority to be delivered by 5th of the month.
- Credit card monthly data collection and reconciliation (from staff cardholders).
- Maintenance of staff forms updated with latest codes – invoice template, purchase request form, and other forms that contain the chart of accounts.
- Outside vendors to ensure proper tax and payment information is obtained.
- Financial and tax audits, and general ledger maintenance and preparation.
- Month-end close procedures.
- Assist staff in company purchases and maintenance of receipts.
- Support the processing of large national and local media buys (accounts payables), including credit applications, invoices, reconciliation, on behalf of clients, using established media tools and procedures.
- Assist with processing of staff reimbursements through the Purchase Request Form.
- Act as Finance Department’s liaison to staff.
- Coordinate with and support management and staff queries, including on HR matters.
- Ensure compliance with organizational guidelines and procedures, and federal and state regulations.
- Resolve accounts payable and receivable issues as requested.
- Perform daily reconciliations of transactions, and tally and file invoices/vouchers with full accuracy. Prepare all records, documents, and lead schedules for audit.
- Apply GAAP and GAGAS throughout all work.
- 5 to 7 years of Accounting/Finance work experience (essential).
- Accounting technology applications experience, 5 years
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Foundational understanding of Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS).
- Government Contract experience (essential).
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Critical thinker with a high proficiency in various software applications.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages (Quickbooks online, TimeIQ, ADP and Bill.com experience preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business (CPA or CPA candidate is a plus)
- At least 5 years of accounting, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, reporting experience and accounting applications technology experience (advantageous).
- Government contract experience required.
- Experience with QuickBooks online, TimeIQ, ADP and Bill.com preferred.
- Experience with G-Suite, including Google spreadsheets, and/or other online resource-sharing platforms (Microsoft Teams, etc.).
- Ability to document, revise and follow established detailed procedures and workflow.
How to Apply:
Submit a customized letter of interest (LOI) outlining your unique value proposition to HCN / La Red Hispana, as well as your CV firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Senior Accountant.