Hispanic Communications Network (www.HCNmedia.com), a client-facing social impact full-serving agency, and La Red Hispana, a public-facing multimedia networks services and platforms, work together across all the network’s channels focused on one mission: to improve quality of life for Hispanics/Latinx living in the US. HCN and La Red Hispana seek an innovative, experienced Senior Director of Brand Marketing with a deep communications and marketing portfolio to direct both organizations’ brands.
The Senior Director of Brand Marketing will be responsible for helping to drive the overall marketing brand strategy and identify the actionable roadmap to success. They will partner with all teams to integrate HCN and La Red Hispana brands, and drive consistency across the company and its platforms to achieve our corporate vision and goals to improve quality of life for Hispanics/Latinx in the US.
The ideal candidate for the role is highly strategic and highly experienced in developing and implementing an integrated strategic internal and external communications plan to advance the business’ brand identity, broaden awareness of our capabilities, and increase the visibility of our offerings across key stakeholder audiences as the go-to Hispanic/Latinx-serving agency for positive social impact and behavioral change. Is it estimated that the position will be working 60% on internal branding and 40% on client branding.
- Lead all marketing, branding and strategy elements for our:
- Clients and sponsors (HCN – government, nonprofits, philanthropy, CSR),
- Media affiliates (La Red Hispana – radio, print, digital, social),
- Public audiences (predominantly Spanish-speaking, increasingly bilingual/English-only),
- Corporate brands (HCN and La Red Hispana).
- Write an annual operating plan for the two distinct HCN and La Red Hispana brands aligning strategy with corporate goals and objectives and marketing strategies and plans.
- Identify new opportunities and ideas to positively impact the company’s brand reputation and deliver on overarching strategy.
- Design and implement multimedia marketing and communications campaign plans for client and internal initiatives, including strategies, tactics and resources necessary to achieve target benchmarks and goals for all social impact campaigns designed to inspire and create behavior change on the issues of public health, safety, education, financial literacy, civic engagement, environment/climate and immigration.
- Conduct and apply market research and evaluation approaches to capture demographic and psychographic information used in communications, marketing and PR strategies across diverse Hispanic/Latinx US audiences.
- Apply methods and tools to monitor, track, report, evaluate and report KPIs, including qualitative and quantitative data, to measure performance and adjust strategies to optimize results.
- Work closely with executive leadership to supervise, manage, inspire and mentor small teams of talented cultural communications professionals.
- 12+ years of related experience, including 7 years in a supervisory role and strong overall marketing experience.
- Time as a Marketing Director, Marketing Manager, Account Manager or similar job function, either in an agency or corporate setting.
- Ability to translate business objectives into actionable plans.
- Expert verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, plus the ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience in driving strategy and leading teams.
- Experience in creating marketing concepts, creative development processes (working in digital, radio, social, print, OOH, TV) and project management are absolutely essential
- Experience with Salesforce, Google Analytics and Tableau is a plus.
- Experience working on social impact / behavior change, public health and serving at risk populations accounts is a plus.
- Fully bilingual in Spanish and in English, with native Spanish-language proficiency (preferred but not required) with superior writing and verbal skills in both Spanish and English.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or any related field.
- Passion for and experience in US Hispanic/Latinx issues.
- Superior organization and exceptional attention to detail. Self-starter, proactive, able to work independently and in team settings.
How to Apply:
Submit a customized letter of interest outlining your unique value proposition to HCN / La Red Hispana, as well as your CV, and portfolio/samples of work via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Senior Director of Brand Marketing.