Hispanic Communications Network (HCN), one of the leading culturally driven social impact agencies in the US, seeks an innovative, experienced bilingual/bicultural Social Media Manager with a deep digital and social media communications portfolio to direct our La Red Hispana (public-facing multimedia networks) and LatinEQUIS platforms, as well as those of our client’s platforms. All of our channels and work are focused on one mission: to improve quality of life for Hispanics/Latinx living in the US. We value talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our owned platforms and clients.
This role specializes in managing and overseeing the company’s interactions with internal team members and the public through implementing content strategies on social media platforms. Duties include analyzing engagement data, identifying trends in customer interactions and planning digital campaigns. The goals are to build online community, develop brand awareness, generate inbound traffic, and serve as the SM evangelist for our own brands and those of our clients. This position corrals the Social Media leads for all internal departments and clients to bring together the respective company/brand message and expand the reach of each brand’s message.
- Research, monitor and report on a variety of organic and paid social media campaigns, synthesizing data to provide actionable insights and tactical recommendations for our owned and client channels and campaigns.
- Collect and synthesize social and digital data combined at times with social listening and third party syndicated research.
- Conduct active social monitoring using a variety of listening platforms for a mix of client campaign identifying conversations, trends, and messages that are culturally relevant to the brand, campaign, or topic.
- Pull trends, look at data, work with Content Creator and Strategy Lead to track and listen to conversations across industries, platforms and audiences.
- Manage social listening tools to provide insights on sentiment of the company and/or campaigns in SM.
- Monitor social media channels to respond to user posts with accurate responses in a quick and timely manner and escalates, where appropriate, to internal and client stakeholders.
- Work as a collaborative, decisive partner and liaison across all parties including clients, vendors, creative staff, and operations.
- Provide weekly, monthly and yearly updates to internal teams.
- Develop KPIs, dashboards and scorecards for internal and client reports.
- Create web designs and images for Social Media use, such as Facebook covers, post images, profile pic, thumbnails, social ads, landing pages, engaging images for posts, backgrounds and more
- Co-create collaboratively with the Content Strategist daily original content (Instagram stories, social media feed posts, etc) that relates to the brand’s audience with purpose of directly engaging customers while following brand guidelines.
- Coordinate with the marketing team and create clear calls of action on posts that convert engagement.
- Manage the social media content calendar working with other departments to ensure content is aligned with company initiatives to develop appropriate content.
- Develop and expand community outreach efforts specifically with proactive and reactive conversations.
- Maintain our brands’ presence across all Social Media platforms.
- Drive inter-department and SM Team Lead meetings to continuously educate and bring awareness to all our social media platforms.
- Stay ahead of new trends finding opportunities for the company to expand our social presence and as well as finding efficiencies in our approach to social.
- Enforce the Social Media Guidelines as defined by the brand.
- Participate in the development of social media personas, playbooks, and governance plans.
- 2-4 years experience gained in social/digital paid media with proven examples of strategies developed for well-known brands that can show growth of digital performance, social media channels, mobile apps and websites.
- Strong analytical skills; must be proficient in analyzing and interpreting social-related data from standard software packages and client databases.
- Expert knowledge of tools to analyze data and use analytics to determine how well a client’s media campaign performed and knowledge of how to apply data to optimize performance, including mastery of social listening tools.
- Comfortable finding the meaning in data, turning data into stories, and presenting data.
- Background providing evaluative volumetric and content analysis of earned social data working with social media monitoring tools such as: Sysomos, Brandwatch, Talkwalker, Zignal, Tracx, Sprinklr or Netbase.
- Experience with real-time listening for real-time engagement.
- Experience with web analytics packages such as Google Analytics, Omniture, and WebTrends.
- Skilled user of tools such as Excel, Tableau, Power Pivot, Quantivo, and Google Studio.
- Experience with market research and consumer profiling tools such as Simmons, Iconoculture, YouGov, or MRI.
- Understand client’s business requirements, and design reporting and analysis approaches tailored to them.
- Ability to quickly pattern spot and surface actionable insights; separate signal from noise.
- Experience distilling complex and high volumes of data into simple KPIs and data visualizations / dashboards / scorecards.
- Experience writing clear and concise presentations for client summarizing data insights, outcomes and implications in a straightforward and enlightening way for clients.
- Experience working on Public Health and at risk populations accounts is a plus
- Solid understanding of social media listening platforms and ability to spot trends and apply learnings
- Curious and interested in finding out the “why” and “what” via listening tools and research
- Fully bilingual in Spanish and in English, with native Spanish-language proficiency (preferred but not exclusive) with superior writing and verbal skills in both Spanish and English.
- Passionate about social, data and analytic tools.
- Tech savvy, including current platforms most effective in reaching US Spanish-preferring and bilingual/bicultural (Millennial/Gen Z) audiences.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Marketing, Business or any related field.
- Passion for or experience in US Hispanic/Latinx issues.
- Superior organization and exceptional attention to detail. Self-starter, proactive, able to work independently and in team settings.
- Be able to foster an environment that encourages risk-taking, innovation and creativity.
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment, with highest quality and quantitative outputs.
How to Apply:
Submit a customized letter of interest outlining your unique value proposition to HCN / La Red Hispana / LatinEQUIS, as well as your CV, salary history, references, and links to digital and social media from your professional or personal portfolio via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Social Media Manager.